Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DIY makeup brush cleaner


I really wanted to share how to make your own makeup brush cleaner- easy and inexpensive. It works fantastically!

1 cup water, 1 Tbs white vinegar, 1 Tbs Dawn dishsoap

Of course, I found this on pinterest (which lead me here) and I decided to give it a try. My brushes definitely needed some TLC. It worked fabulously! Way better then the expensive stuff that I bought from the makeup counter! My brushes turned out soft and clean, like new! Don't worry they don't smell like vinegar when you are done.
For most of the brushes I just swirled them around in the mixture for 15-30 seconds then rinsed, which was plenty. For my foundation brush, I let it soak for 2-3 minutes, then swirled and rinsed. Reshape the brushes and let them dry.

Easy-peasy, just try not to think to much about the color of the cleaner when you are done...

No comments:

Post a Comment