Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A few projects I have completed


 Here are a few projects I have completed in the past few months.


     
All four of these were created using thrifted adult shirts for $1 apiece. 
Go here for the free dress tutorial and pattern from the blog Sew Much Ado.
I can't seem to find the tutorial I used for the flowered and animal rompers, but click here for a similar one and adjust to your hearts content. For the flower one, I made the sides bubble out and added elastic to the leg openings. 
I also can't find the button down tutorial! Ugh, if I come across them, I will add the links.


 This baby doll is my favorite out of all of the things I have made. She turned out better than I had even hoped! She was supposed to be a trial run, because I was creating my own pattern by tracing another doll and I thought for sure there would be some major glitches. But I love her! She was actually made out of a sheet for the body (we don't use top sheets in our house, they are so tangly!) some scrap fabric for the dress and scrap yarn and fleece for the hair. The reason I attempted her was because I really wanted to buy a doll for my little Baby Z from Justplainbeckyw on etsy but her shop said she was on vacation! I have gotten dolls from her as gifts for some special little girls and absolutely loved them. So since I couldn't buy one, I was determined to make one! She has since returned to selling items, so if you want one message her! She even customizes the hair eye and skin color!


  

I made these for my incoming nephew, he will be here any day!
The Infant dino hoodie was made using this free tutorial & pattern so graciously shared by Tricia from the blog - Made by Me & Shared With You. I added the dino spikes by cutting two of the the back pattern piece not on a fold then sewing in felt triangles. Don't forget to add a little extra seam allowance. I also lined the hoodie with a brown fleece to add extra warmth and to hide/ make the back seam more comfortable. The Stuffed animal was made using a pattern found by searching on google. Sorry, I didn't save it! :(


I crocheted this hat for Baby Z using a patten that I had in my stash. It's a pretty basic pattern, you can find them on pinterest and google pretty easily. 

That's all for now folks, time to make dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment